Saturday, September 17, 2011

Unreading Writers

I'm amazed at how many people are reading this blog--especially compared to the small numbers reading my blovel or web fiction.

All I can figure is that more people want to write the "Great American Novel" (whatever that animal is) than read it.

Not me.  I have always found reading much easier than writing--except when I try to bone up on my Spanish by reading books in that language.  Ficciones de Jorge Luis Borges.  For example.

My problem is, although I have a lot of free time, I wind up reading so much more than I do writing that I don't get much done.  At least not as much as I would like to.  Stephen King recommends at least a few hours of reading per day along with I can't remember how many words.  1000 I think; half what he does himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment